Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report Queries That Have Been Submitted 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamBones

Programmer
Aug 8, 2002
US
Hi, I'm an Oracle guy that's now supporting some SQL Server databases (without proper training [bigsmile]). It there a table that tracks queries that have been submitted to the database?

Some of the databases are being hit with queries that are impacting performance of the app that needs it. I was wondering is there was a way to identify the user being used and what the queries were.

I couldn't find any Google terms that returned anything useful. Any help would be appreciated.

Yes - lots of DMV's that contain useful info.
Not specifying the exact DMV as it is better you go through the different aspects of it with examples and situations of when and how to use them.
Following google search will give you a got set of results

Also look at using tools like SQL Monitor (RedGate) or Idera for monitoring your SQL Servers
Following will give you some tools, of which some are nearly essential.

From a developer/dba point of view the free tool from Sentry One is a must have -

Regards

Frederico Fonseca
SysSoft Integrated Ltd

FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

Awesome! Thank you! That's exactly what I was looking for!

Thanks, Frederico! I've always wondered about that. I knew possible but never dug much into it. I knew it possible when someone once or twice at my last job called me up, and said, "Hey, do you need help with your query?" [blush] - And thanks to Sam for posting the question.

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:57

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back