Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report Properties Lost ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuffsaid

Technical User
Aug 3, 2001
CA
Hi All,

Here's what's happening. A report is created with CR8.5 Pro.
The report is then placed in an Enterprise folder using the CMC. All object properties, rights, database logons, etc. are specified and all is well with the world, until, the report requires a minor modification. I access the report on the APS using CR and make the modification and save the report. When I check the object properties in the CMC there's nothing there. Is this NORMAL behavior??? I hope not. Do I have to re establish all the properties within the CMC every time I make a change to an existing report???

Thx
Nuffsaid

Whenever I make changes to a report I have to republish or it won't work. The way I think it works, CE copies the reports to a location so it can retreive them? So you have to republish it, because it doesn't know you made a change...I'm not sure if this will help you, but it's what I do so just thought I'd give ya heads up.

You would think that once a report resides on the APS you wouldn't have to republish.... perhaps in the future..

Nuffsaid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back