Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimUK

Technical User
Jan 1, 2001
US
I am trying to make a report that will act as a logfile of work done in the last 12 hour period. I have no problem with the time and setting up the query. The problem is that I want to see any field that is changed(edited)in that period as well. Is there an easy way to do this? The problem seems to be with combo box field on my form. If this status is changed via the form and saved, the status change does not show up on the report for some reason.

So, I am trying to figure out how to check every field to see if it has changed.

Jim

You could keep a record of the starting point and check each field against its starting value. Thenwhen you have dobne that you need to create the new 'starting point' records.

Or have a 'changed' flag for each field and in your form use each control's afterupdate event procedure to set the flag. Obviously, you then need another update query to reset the flags after you have checked then for your report.

In any case you have to do all the work; Access has no information to help you fo this type of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back