Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report Printing Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

perl1963

Programmer
Feb 26, 2003
US
I have a report that is supposed to print a the header on each page it seems to work fine but every once in a while it skips a page then prints it back at the top of the subsequent page. Any ideas? I think when the detail line prints below a certain point on the report is when it occurs. The report has two footer and differnet grouping criteria is set. Any suggestion will be appreciated!

Thanks In Advance...

Perl
Forum-Financial.com

Skips a page? Does it mean it prints a blank page?
Make sure the table is ordered by the group header

This can sometimes happen if the default printer of the developer physical page size was larger than the current user default printer. Sometimes clearing the appropriate fields in FRX header record before rebuilding the .EXE will help. The procedure is detailed in the VFP forum FAQa.

Rick

HI

The problem is that, the report group footer is more in size, that what the page footer. SO in a situation where the group footer need to be printed (that could even be blank lines), the page length is not sufficient to hold the intended printing by FP. so a page skip is taking place.

The resolution is to set the page footer same size as the group footer and then try the report. :)

ramani :)
(Subramanian.G),FoxAcc, ramani_g@yahoo.com

Ramani,
I like your answer better than mine - I missed that subtlety. I've never been great with reports!

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back