Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report Parameter Data Type

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDRichardson

Programmer
Jul 23, 2003
GB
Hi,

I am developing a report (.rdlc) which is used within an ASP.NET C# application.

The report works fine when working with parameters of String data type, however, I seem unable to use parameters of other data types.

For example, I wish to use a parameter of boolean data type, and wish to set the value from within the application. My problem is, that the Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ReportParameter constructor only allows you to pass a value which is a string data type.

I appreciate that I could set the parameter as a string type within the report, but I would rather not unless necessary.

Does anyone please have any ideas as to how I can use data types different from string?

Unfortunately, I don't pass parameters through code. I pass them through T-SQL, so I couldn't begin to tell you how to do this.

Sorry.

Catadmin - MCDBA, MCSA
"No, no. Yes. No, I tried that. Yes, both ways. No, I don't know. No again. Are there any more questions?"
-- Xena, "Been There, Done That"

Following some investigation, I found that passing the value as a string still seems to cast correctly into the correct data type anyway.

Personally, I would have preferred to pass the value as an Object, or specific data type. But hey, it seems to work, so that will have be good enough.

Thanks for your input anyhow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back