Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report page size - I can only fit 2 & a half pages in report 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triacona

Technical User
Jun 11, 2009
GB
Dear All,

Please help...
I know this might sound silly, but I have a report CpSotLetter.
As the title might suggest it is a letter.

In this instance it is supposed to be 3 pages, BUT I drag on the detail bar to create more detail, but it won't let me get past 55cm...

Am I doing this correctly, is there a way to create separate pages? (page breaks?)

I have tried page setup and tried to increase the 55cm to a higher score but it says invalid number...??

I have also right-clicked on the page and chose properties.
And tried to change the height of 55 cm to a higher number but that does not work either?

Please help I've hit my head on a brick wall on this one[banghead]

Thank you very much for your help and future help[bigsmile]

Kind regards

Triacona

You have reached the maximum height of any one section. You can typically create a new group header or footer on a unique field and use this section as an extension of the detail section.

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

Dear Duane,

Thanks for the help![2thumbsup][bigsmile]

I was thinking along those lines but thought there might be page break formatting.

But I have added a sorting/grouping footer and added what I needed.

Thanks again! [smile]

Kind regards
Triacona

Dear Duane,

I have implemented your solution and it has worked to a point.

But to add a group header/footer I have to use a field to sort via...this has caused a few problems, like same trading name cases merge into 1 and only prints out 1 letter instead of 5. i.e. KFC.

Is there any way to insert page breaks, even if I have to use VB??

Especially if I am going to have more that 5 pages it could get problematic without page breaks...

Thanks for your help![bigsmile]

Thank you,

Kind regards

Triacona

Dear Duane,

Thanks for your help [smile]

I am already grouping with a unique value, any more and problems begin to develop...

Is there no way in VB to create page breaks?

I am going to have to create a 10 pg report soon; it is a letter template, a letter that goes out to many with a lot of plain text and a few fields interspersed in-between.

Thanks for your help![smile]

Thank you,

Kind regards

Triacona

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back