Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report Page Numbering

Status
Not open for further replies.

henridenys

Programmer
Sep 26, 2013
BE
Dear all

I have tried everything I found but still have no solution to my problem. I have a report with at the end a list with abbreviations. I don't want the header to be present on the pages with this list. Therefore I used a vba code to hide the header but by hiding the header, everything moves a little and the total number of pages decreases with one. The problem is that my page numbering stays unchanged. I tried to save the number of pages and adjust this number but it didn't work because Access only knows how many pages there are after opening the report... I will be very thankfull to the person who can solve this.

Welcome to Tek-Tips.

Is the list of abbreviations a subreport?
Are you using something like [Page] of [Pages]?
Have you considered using a group header rather than a page header?

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

The list is inserted as a word object in the report footer.
I use indeed the [Page] of [Pages] expression.
I thought a group header is for making subdivisions in your report. My report just has to list everything without subdivision, can you still use a group header in that case?

You can set a group header on a constant expression like:
=1

You could also add a column in your report's record source like:
MyFakeGroup: 1

You can then choose the property to repeat this section on each page.

I'm not sure this will make any difference regarding your issue.

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back