Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report - page headers linked to detail on the page

Status
Not open for further replies.

strathbat

Technical User
May 21, 2002
GB
I want to use a page header in a Directory (e.g an initial letter) that relates to changes that takes place on the page below it - i.e. "C" is at the head of the page on which the first surname beginning with "C" is found. Currently the header changes on the *next* page. I seem to remember this can be done ...

Within your report, use the View, Sorting and Grouping menu option. In the dialogue box which appears, select Surname in the Field/Expression Column, "Prefix Characters" in the "Group On" option, and 1 as the "Group Interval". Also set the "Group Header" option to "Yes". This will create a new "Surname Header" section in your report. Set the "Force New Page" property of this section to "Before Section". You can close up any whitespace showing in this section if you're printing the actual letter in the Header section. The section header should force the page throw whenever the first letter changes.
Hope that this helps,
Cheers
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back