Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report overlay

Status
Not open for further replies.

spacew

Programmer
Oct 19, 1999
HK
I have to print barcode for each statement but the statement contains numbers of sub-reports. The barcode has to be printed on the middle of left hand side. The content of the barcode is different for each statement.

The question is: how can I do it? I have think about to have two different reports - one for the real content, and the other for the barcode only. Then overlay the two reports into a single report. Is it possible? Is there any 3-party software can do it?

Thanks.

Are you generating the barcode or is it an image? If it's an image, you might be able to have it as a graphic on the main report and it'll be placed where you need it. "Get it right the first time, that's the main thing..." [wavey]

I generate the barcode myself (just make a set of bars visible or not). But even it is in image format, how can I put it on the middle of left-hand-side? The portion belongs to a detail session .... The position of the barcode is fixed and must be same in all pages.
Please advice. Many thanks for your opinion.

I understand now. Have you tried putting the barcode field on the sub-reports?

Or, it you need it to be on the main report, I just tried a main/sub report and put a graphic on the main report where I wanted it to appear and then put the sub-report directly over it. The graphic printed where I need it to be.

Jim "Get it right the first time, that's the main thing..." [wavey]

Thanks Jim, I have tried but fail ... the report is very complicated ... It has many sub-reports and the barcode has to be printed in each page (with different barcode information) ...

I am now thinking about to use background image. Can I have different background images for each page (i.e. dynamic background image)? How can I do that in Access programming? Many thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back