Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report out of format after deploying to business objects Enterprise

Status
Not open for further replies.

bodev

Technical User
Mar 5, 2012
US
Hi Gurus,

I m trying to develop forms in crystal reports using text boxes. Once I align the text boxes, I deploy the report to Business Objects Enterprise to see how it looks there and surprisingly, some boxes are not aligned anymore.

Please help.

Thank you

This happens because the report is translated to HTML when viewing it through InfoView and the HTML rendering isn't perfect. So, you have two options:

1. Use the ActiveX viewer in InfoView - it will show the report as it appears in Crystal.

2. In Crystal, go to File|Options and then click on the "Smart Tag & HTML Preview" tab. Check the box that reads "Enable HTML Preview when not logged on to the BusinessObjects Enterprise". Leave the default values for everything else.

This will show you what the report looks like when rendered in HTML so that you can realign your text boxes as needed.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back