Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report on Server not connecting to Oracle 9.2 databse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crystal11User

IS-IT--Management
Oct 18, 2005
US
Enterprise 11 is setup on a Windows 2000 professional computer using IIS 5.0, and a data source has been created in the "odbc data source administrator", and the database is listed in Oracle's tnsanmes.ora as:

DBXYZ.COMPANYXYZ.NET =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = db)(PORT = 1521))
)
(CONNECT_DATA =
(SERVICE_NAME = DBXYZ.COMPANYXYZ.NET)
)
)

I am able to connect to the database from SQL+ on the server. However the reports are not displaying and a message is displayed "The database logon information for the report is either incomplete or incorrect".

What needs to be done to fix this problem?

Hi,
Can you switch from ODBC to using Oracle's native driver..
The use of ODBC can get complicated ( is it System,File, User..)

You should be able to do this in the CMC....

See if that helps..

Also, be sure the 'prompt user...' box is unchecked on that same CMC page..

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Thanks for the info. Tried to access CMC, but ran into a .csp redirect page under admin called redirect.csp. The problem is that the server is running asp.net, so it looks like the folder should contain an .aspx page instead of a .csp page. Looks like a setup bug.

You have to enter the database information for the report through CMC. Log on to CMC, select the report, click on database and fill the user name and password.

Thanks for the info.

Tried to access /enterprise11/admin/en/admin.cwr, but the file doesn't exist.

When trying to access the link:

get:

<!--
File Version Start - Do not remove this if you are modifying the file
Build: 10.0.0
File Version End

(c) Business Objects 2003. All rights reserved.
-->
<%@ language=Javascript %>
<%
var DEFAULT_LANG = "en";
var OTHER_ACCEPTED_LANG = new Array("en", "de", "fr", "ja", "es", "it", "nl", "ko");

function GetLangPath(inFullLang)
{
var langLength = Math.min( 6, inFullLang.length );
var langFull = inFullLang.substr(0,langLength).toLowerCase();
var lang = langFull.substr(0, 2);

if (lang == "zh")
{
var idxSepComma = 0;
var idxSepSemiC = 0;

What is the deal with this? This file is not readable. I assume it is the wrong file type for IIS 5.0? If so what is the solution to this problem? Replace the files with others?

Went into IIS and under the business objects directory and went to the main page configuration and created an association between .csp and .cwr and aspnet_isapi.dll.

This fixed the problem.

Hi,
That is a workaround the Business Objects has sent me as well, for my older files..What I do not understand is why you are getting redirects to .csp pages...My XI installation does not use them at all..Did you install ePortfolio emulation by any chance?

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back