Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report on all Modules and Ports 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbankscharles

Technical User
Oct 8, 2023
US
I have three IP Office IP 500v2 each with up to seven 500 modules attached. I would like to generate a report listing each of the extensions with the respective module and port. This would be similar to exporting information from SCN like configuration or users, which does not have this information. The only way I have found to do this is by going into System Status | Extensions and selecting all extensions then copying that information to my document.

Am I missing something or is this the only way to get a text document of extensions with module and port information?

Thanks
Charles

I would like to generate a report" of what?

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

From Manager go to File Import/Export entire config. Delete everything above Extension info start and everything after extension info end.

Open System Status and highlight "Extensions"
It will list all the users and Modules/port assignments. There is a print option on the bottom.
Save as a PDF and export from PDF to Excel.

Don't even save as pdf and export to Excel, click on one extension, press Ctrl-a to highlight the whole page, go to excel and cell A2, do a right-click / paste special / paste as text. Now you can label the columns and delete what you don't want or need.

Or create a master workbook in Excel. 4 tabs.
Tab 1, copy/paste everything from Extension_Info_Start to Extension_Info_End
Tab 2, copy/paste everything from User_Info_Start to User_Info_End
Tab 3, copy/paste everything from IncallRoute_Info_Start to IncallRoute_Info_End

Tab 4, use Index/Match to list out the Extension ID's (convert that to Slot and Port), the Users Name and Full Name, DID, User Rights, and any other parameters that are important to you such as VM ON, VM to Email address and mode, Forwarding and Twinning settings, VM P/W. Login P/W, Source Numbers, etc.

I've used this over and over to get the info from in IPO to be used in upgrading and migrating to another system.

if you export the PDF to excel it creates all the columns for you during the export and populates everything. One step.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back