Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report not maintaining Format

Status
Not open for further replies.

VANMAN

MIS
Sep 10, 1999
CA
I have a report that has a detail section and several footers. One of the footers is the page footer that has Cheque information and has a preset size of 7.8 cm. This prints on a preprinted form. The size is set in the rpt page footer properties. When I run the report on my system the cheque information prints in the correct positions. I have tried this on several system and printers.
The problem I am running into is that on some customer systems it is shifting the page footer down 2 cm, causing all kinds of problems. I have checked the other footer properties and made sure the can grow is set to no. Does anybody have any ideas how I can hard code this so the bottom protion always prints properly?

Hi, you might try this: Right click on the report footer - go to Event - On format. Click on the three dots, select code builder and place the following in the private sub: me.reportfooter.Height = 2550
2550 is the height measured in twips. I do not remember the number of twips to an inch, or cm for that matter. That will keep your footer section height constant.

Thanks pdldavis
This seems to work ok. I'll send a new executable to the customer and see if it fixes the problem.

Your'e welcome. Bear in mind that you can also set the detail, report header, etc. using the same method. One problem you can also run into is having the 'can grow' property set in a text box in your detail section. These can also affect consistent report formats.

yea. I didn't make this rpt myself and looking at the other sections and controls I noticed that the CANGROW was set to yes on some of them. I beleive that the cheque portion on the bottom is not the problem because the spacing seems to be intact just shifed down. This would lead me to guess that something in the middle of the rpt is causing this to be shifted. Thanks again I will keep looking. This is the reason I like Crystal and not Access for reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back