Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

report not displaying local currency symbol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hargreavesk

Technical User
Jul 18, 2001
GB
Hi

Can anyone help.

I have a crystal 8.5 report which shows $ and € symbols but doesn't show the £ symbol on it. The £ is my local currency.

Am I missing anything

Many thanks

Try File > Options, then click [Fields] and select Currency. Choose [Number], Customise and Currency Symbol. You should be able to set £ as the default. You may need to check [Enable Currency Symbol] first.

That's if you want £ as the default. If you want it just for particular display-fields, then right-click on the field and choose [Format Field], followed by [Number] etc. This has to be done separately for every field you want to show pounds.

If this does not work, an alternative is to suppress the currency symbol. Put the amount in a text box and put the £ before it.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back