Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report no "adding" up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jolie555

Technical User
Sep 26, 2002
US
I have a report using the following three tables:

'Region' table 'customer' table and 'requirement'table.

What I have are two groups, 'Region.regionname' & 'customer.customername' What I have displayed is the following:

Region.regionname as a group with all his customers (records) reporting to him and all Customers (records)(customer.customername) displaying their balance amount in $.00. In "details" I am displaying all records pertaining to the customer's requirements such as requirement.requirementname, requirement.orderdate.

My problem is when I want a sum of all balances by group Region.regionname, it appears that I get a larger amount than what I should. If for example one customers balance is $20.00 but in Customer record I show 3 requirements (3 records in "details") then my balance for that Customer is showing $60 when it should remain $20.00. HELP!

I hope that made sense. I need the groups to sum appropriately.

BTW -
I am using Crystal Reports 9
Oracle DB and
my Joins are Customer.customerid to requirement.customerid and Customer.regionid to region.regionid

Thank you sooo much!
J-

Insert a running total and evaluate on change of group for the customer. Reset on change of group for the region. If your want a report grand total, create another running total the same as first only reset never.
MrBill

this might sound dumb but how do I insert a running total. I have only learned to use the "insert > summary" part of crystal. Sorry, my level in crystal is NOVICE. :]

right click the field, go down to insert, then select "running total" instead of "summary". You should get a window to fill in the information.
MrBill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back