Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report Name Changes when saving to Personal Documents

Status
Not open for further replies.

PAULSGS

Programmer
May 10, 2002
US
This problem occurs frequently, but not all the time, our WEBI environmnet is 6.5 on W2k SP4 against DB2 UDB 8

When a particular user account "prod1" is used to demonstrate the creation of **personal documents** the name that the user chooses for the report is often (but not always) replaced by a string of digits.

For example, I log into our system using the "prod1" account and create a two column report which I intend to save as "Airline Codes and Names" but when I look at the list of personal documents, this report is saved as 0000014

This doesn't happen all the time for this acount, sometimes the report gets saved with the intended name, also so far no other account has exhibited this behaviour.
Also I have just been advised that all the old reports that were run and saved in the past have all reverted to numbers!

Any ideas how to fix it?

This is standard behaviour in 6.5 (using numbers for report file names), the actual link between numeric name and actual/real name is held in the file index.dat.

This is actually a problem. Yes, the files are renamed, but I've had some issues where the file name becomes the report name.

It's not even fixable. The only thing to do is to delete the files and start over.

Steve Krandel
Symantec

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back