Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report margin setting gets changed 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eutychus

Programmer
Nov 14, 2007
US
I have at least two reports I developed in Access 2007 using narrow margins. The margin settings were .25 inches for all four margins. After a few months, the right margin setting has changed. When I reset the right margin to .25 by going to Page Setup under the Page Setup menu option, Access autmatically changes it to .583. When I go to Page Setup and Margins and select the Narrow setting, it does not keep the right margin at .25, but rather changes it to .583. That is requiring me to re-work my reports to squeeze the data in. The two reports I've had problems with are landscape view. They worked when I first developed and tested them, but now they truncate the data in the far right field because of the margin setting. I have applied Microsoft's updates for Vista and Microsoft Office, but other than that, I don't know what has changed. I searched for known bugs and searched for other threads to find an answer, but did not find this issue as a known bug and did not find a thread that was quite the same problem. Does anyone know what I need to do to keep a right margin of .25 or if this is a bug? I'd rather not have to go to VBA to fix this, but can if I have to.

I expect your default printer is an inkjet which doesn't print within .583" of the bottom of the page (portrait). If you can't print there, Access won't let you design there.

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

Thanks much! That was it. I changed the default printer to an HP LaserJet and the margin issue went away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back