Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report Manager slow performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 19, 2003
NZ
The performance of Report Manager on the site I'm working on is slow, sometimes very slow, I'm not sure where to start looking to try and solve the problem.

Note it's not the reports themselves that are slow, most of the queries run quite fast, the reports a little slower than the queries when run from within Visual Studio. It's navigating around Report Manager, opening reports so that they can be run, rendering the parameters, especially running Report Manager for the first time in a while, it seems there could be a communication lag.

Our report server is a virtual server I understand, I'm not sure how good the hardware is, I'd be surprised if our Report Manager has more than 3 or 4 concurrent users at any one time.

This is in contract to the other site I work on where Report Manager runs like lightening, they are also using virtual servers.

Any suggestions where I should start looking?

Thanks

Bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back