Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

report interface in dll file

Status
Not open for further replies.

nnmmss

Programmer
Sep 7, 2004
IR
i have coded a program which all of the form and reports are in a project(UIProj) and all of the database actvities for forms are in a activex dll prject (FormPrj) and all of the report database actvities is in a activex dll prject (ReportPrj). I thought maybe it is better the Reports itself in ReportPrj to reduce the size of the ReportPrj. so whenever a reports is needed it object is loaded and all reports Interface and modules are in that object.
so for calling a report from the UIProj i do this

now my question is that is it ok with calling a report of even form from the another dll file. ot it is better to keep all forms and report in one exe file.

and one more question when can i put the forms or report interface in a dll file?

I don't think there's anything wrong with it (cue a bashing here!), I've done it and there were no problems either calling a form or a report.

I did it this way so that I could charge for a reports "plugin".

Anyone else??

Patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back