Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report hyperlinks to records

Status
Not open for further replies.

watercooler

Programmer
May 7, 2004
CA
I can't seem to do what I want and I kinda think that it is out of the scope of Access. However, it would be great if it could do it. So can an Access report contain a hyperlink to a certain record?

I have a form which collects a lot of different engineering information and thus creates a record. Then I have a report that shows the summary line from these records and the unique ID # for these records. It would be great to click on the summary from the report and have it hyperlinked to the corressponding issue. I doubt this is possible but there are a lot smarter people than me on this website...so, is it possible? And if so, how?

Thanks,
Rob

Hi,
As far as I know you can't click on a report and go to any other report or form.
But you can do it on a form. Reports are meant to view and print data not to manipulate.
Why don't you use a continues form for this purpose? Create a report and use it when you want to print.

Hope this helps

Zameer Abdulla

Rob

I am sure there are various solutins to achieve the same outcome in a different format as suggested by Zameer.

As an FYI, you can use bookmarks within a hyperlink to jump to a specific location. I do work with hyperlinks in Access referencing bookmarks in Microsoft documents fairly easy, but you do have to do the grunt work ahead of time - define the bookmarks. I never was able to get hyperlink + bookmark to work with PDF files.

Creating hyperlinks + bookmarks on the fly as you create a report in Access is beyond me. I suspect it would require VB or API code instead of VBA.

Richard

Thanks. I never even considered that yet it is so obvious. I am embarrassed but happy to have a solution.

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back