Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

freebd99

IS-IT--Management
Aug 6, 2002
US
I have a report that runs from a form. The forms has a combo box that lists values ie. Title of book. Once a select is made you then click on a command button to search for people ordering that title. I want the title of the selected book to show on the report. But because my search is performed on the ID number of the book in the report it lists ie: 1 = Silence of the lambs

First Name Last Name Address
John Doe 123 xyz
Mary Doe 333 xyz
Mike Bob 423 xyz

Thanks you for your help/suggestions on this issue.

Anna
:)

I figured it out. Thanks!!
Anna

Gosh, you've got me wondering now!!! If the solution was not too extensive, why don't you post it (even though you figured it out yourself).

Maybe somebody will learn from your struggle... like me! %-)

Sorry...I just needed to add additional grouping headers and then make them visible. Once visible I can then put the RegTranD in that section. Even though it works some, I'm still working on getting it to look exactly the way I want it to. I will post details soon.

Anna

sorry again. I have a couple of threads going and I posted a response about reports and grouping in the wrong place. My bad. I solved this problem by addind a unbound text box to the report. In my query I just added the elective title field and then in the report I referenced the unbound text box to the elective title field.

Anna
;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back