Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report Headers in ReportNet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blessed2

IS-IT--Management
Jun 14, 2006
US
To create a report header(s) that only appear on the first page: Put it in a list and then do the formatting.....

There may be an easier (or official) way to add non-repeating headers to a page but this is the only way that I know how do it. If you are familiar with using the Page Structure Layout you can do this a lot easier. But I know that this view does confuse some users, so I will give these directions from the Page Design view.

If you are putting just plain text on a page like an informational paragraph that you only want on the first page ……
• Insert a table into the page header with one column and one row. (You can always add columns and rows later if you need them)
• Insert a list into the table
o When the prompt comes up, either create a query or choose an existing query. (It doesn’t matter if you won’t be using any of the query items)
o Uncheck the Auto populate box
• Insert a text box into the list box and type in the information that you want to show on the first page only.
• Click inside the list and look over at your Properties list. If you are at the List Column level, click the arrow up and go to the List Columns level. Under the Box properties choose Box Type and change it to None.
• Now click inside the list and look over at your Properties list. If you are at the List Column Title level, click the arrow up and go the List Column Titles level.
o Under the Box setting choose Border.
? Change the the Color setting to Transparent. (You must scroll down to the Custom option and choose Transparent from the Named Colors Tab)
? Change the Style to None and leave the Width at default
? Now click the first Box with solid square under the Preview option. The box in the preview should change to a border with grayed out dashed lines.
o Under the properties list, go to Color & Background and change the Background Color to Transparent.

If you want put a query item on the page that does not repeat, like an employee record is more than one page but you only want their name, address, phone, etc on the first page then you will follow the same steps as above except:
• Instead of inserting a text box, you will insert a query item
• Instead of not showing the List Column and keeping the List Column Title(which is what holds your text box), you will make the List Column Title not show and keep the List Column (because it is what holds your query item).

I hope that this helps someone. There probably is an easier way to do this. If anyone knows, please share.

~*~Blessed2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back