Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report -> HTML (GenHTML) Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

GabovitchE

Programmer
Jan 16, 2000
US
So, my app works fine on my machine (both .app and .exe) It runs a report then generates a HTML page from that report.<br><br>When I distribute the application, the Report runs fine, but the HTML page conversion doesn't happen.&nbsp;&nbsp;No errors, no messages - Nahdah.&nbsp;&nbsp;It just blasts bye...<br><br>I changed the mode to generate a HTML from an alias (table) and that works fine... it's just the report-&gt;HTML that fails.<br><br>I'm running VFP6, SP3... All of the class libraries are there.. If you have a fix please email me!!!&nbsp;&nbsp;Thanks!<br><A HREF="mailto:GabovitchE@andovercontrols.com">GabovitchE@andovercontrols.com</A><br><br>

Solved!&nbsp;&nbsp;GenHTML.prg uses the _HTML class library method GENERATE()which creates temp files in the reports source directory.<br><br>Since I included all of my reports in the build, there was no need to create the reports subdirectory.<br><br>When I created a &quot;reports&quot; subdirectory on the target system, everything works.<br><br>So I had to include a dummy file in the build, to force the setup program to create the &quot;reports&quot; subdirectory.<br><br>Ahhhhh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back