Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report Grouping

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimUK

Technical User
Jan 1, 2001
US
I'm trying to group on part of a text field in a report. Column will have the following:

Date Location

29April2005 Station A
02May2005 Station B
06May2005 Station B
07May2005 Station C

What I want is a group header based on the A, B or C in the location field and have a group header of Crew 1 if an "A", Crew 2 if "B", Crew 3 if "C"

Is this possible in any way? Scratching my head here, can sort and group by location which puts them in right order but theres no group heading, just a blank separation as I'm not naming a header. Any help appreciated.

Jim

What are Crew 1-3? Are these fields or just text values? Why would you want to substitute in a value to group against when you already have an expression/field to group against?

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

Crew is field. I figured it out on my own, silly as it was just used the group option with crew<number> and it works fine thanks for response.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back