Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report Group 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salmano

Programmer
Oct 4, 2001
RO
Hi. I have a report in foxpro 2.6a with this sections:
- header
- group (start)
- detail
- group (end)
- footer
My problem is that I have a 200 length field in the "group(start)" section and I do not have the "Stretch vertically" option for that field, as I have in "detail" section, so on the report only appear the first 80 characters.
How can I have the whole 200 length field appear on the report ?
Thank you.

Are you using a native FoxPro report or a second party report writer? FoxPro 2.6a has a "Group Header" not a "group (start)" section, and you would have the same option in both the "Group Header" and the "Detail" section for "Field Can Stretch."

Teresa

I am using the native report editor in foxpro 2.6a.
When I duble-click the field in the group header (group start = group header) there are no "Stretch vertically" or "Float as band streches" check buttons as they exist in Detail section.

Salmano

When I click on a field in a Group Header, I see the "Report Expression" dialog box. There is a section "Position Relative To" and the option "Top -- Field Can Stretch". What does your dialog box say?

Teresa

Are in using FoxPro/DOS or FoxPro/Windows? In FP/W, I see the stretch option there. In FP/D, I don't.

Tamar

I'm using FoxPro 2.6a for DOS. And yes Tamar, I have the same "symptoms": no stretch option for group header in FP DOS. That's why my 200 length data is cut to max. 80 chars.

Salmano

I don't remember whether you can stretch a group header in FP/DOS, but one alternative is to move the header info into the detail band and mark it to not print repeated values.

Tamar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back