Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report from VB works first time only

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcusHemy

Programmer
Nov 23, 2001
GB
I'm calling CR 8.5 from VB6 using CRAXDRT. On some machines the reports work fine, on others it works the first time but for all subsequent runs it displays data from a different table. This 'extra' table is not referenced anywhere in the report but is used as a working area by VB. VB updates the table location in the report.

Because it works on some machines, I don't think it's the reports or the program. It looks like a Crystal set up problem of some sort.

Any suggestions? Anyone seen anything like this?

do all machines have the same crystal reports update patches?

Any chance the report has saved data? That might be why it seems to work the first time. Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guide to using Crystal in VB
tek@kenhamady.com

Ken - the reports do not have any saved data.

Konad - the same install is used for all the machines. That doesn't necessarily mean the files are the same though. Are there any patches to CR 8.5? I'll check the file dates and versions.

Many thanks for your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back