Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report Format: Vertical Shading

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlamour

Programmer
Jan 31, 2001
US
I have report that I am trying to format with vertical shading in the detail section.

For example:

Date Qty amount Balance
Shaded Unshaded shaded unshaded

Does Access provide a way to format the detail section vertically (up& down)? Any ideas/tips would be appreciated.

in the design view of the report, highlight the DETAIL segment and click on one of the fields.
In the properties box of that field change BACKGROUND COLOR to anything you want, even color. I would not get to spastic on this, though. If the report needs to be xeroxed, it could get ugly. Maybe what you want to do is change the color of the text or border color...
go for it!
Johnstown, OH

one thing I forgot. You may have to extend the field size down just a bit, and pull the lower border up so that your colored field is continuous and not have little white gaps between colored blocks.
Johnstown, OH

I have a similar problem where I was to shade vertical columns, but my problem is that one of the fields is "can grow". When that field expands to require ad additional row, then there's a gap in the vertical shading. I've tried changing the height of the shaded fields in the print format event, but that doesn't seem to work.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

user started new post thread703-975926

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back