Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report Form

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreddyHo

IS-IT--Management
Jul 2, 2001
HK
I'd already make 2 report forms and they worked perfectly but independently (one for invoice and one for packing list). My question is "Is it possible to combine 2 output into 1?" That is user can have "page 1 as invocie and page 2 as packing list" in a single output?
Thanks for help in advance.

Hi,

According to me, it is not possible But can be done in some lengthy way and it should not be faster as you think.

So, it is good that let it be in 2 reports. In your programming make the output (preview) of the 2 reports continuously.

ie..

REPORT FORM MyInvoice PREVIEW
REPORT FORM MyPacklist PREVIEW.

Try this.

suggestions Invited...

gchandrujs [sunshine]

FreddyHo

Although gchandrujs is correct, you could use the summanry band (if you are not already using it for the invoice) as your "second" page. Go to report->Title/summary->Summary Band (and select new page - it will come out on a seperate page). And copy all the require fields in that band, stretch it to 11". Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.

HI

myPage = 0
REPORT FORM MyInvoice PREVIEW
myPage = _pageno
In the Pageno.. box use .. myPage+_pageNo for invoice.
REPORT FORM MyPacklist PREVIEW.
This will solve your problem..
:) ramani :)
(Subramanian.G),FoxAcc, ramani_g@yahoo.com

FreddyHo

The detail band of a report seems to have a maximum height of 20 inches and I suspect the other bands may have the same limitation.

So you could, if needed and subject to trying it, span your report over the better part of 2 pages using the detail band and over the better part of another 2 pages using the summary band, following Mikes suggestion.
FAQ184-2483 - the answer to getting answered.​
Chris [pc2]

Dear Mike,

Hope you too understand that FreddyHo may use more than a table for Packing slip too or however if a Invoice may contain Multiple Packing slip It may be not possible to do this in Summary Band.

Because In general, he may need just like another Detail Band.

This is my lowest suggestion.

gchandrujs [sunshine]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back