Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

REPORT FORM PREVIEW

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnod33

Programmer
Mar 17, 2003
US
Simple report
I open a dbf
USE DBF IN 0 SHARED ORDER emp_no
then I open a REPORT
REPORT FORM REPORT.frx PREVIEW
This report is opened in a FORM.
The form opens max screen using
ZOOM WINDOW SCREEN MAX in the INT procedure of the parent form.
The report opens full screen as I want it to for all users except one. It has to be some setting on that user’s computer.
The project is compiled to an EXE and deposited on our network and accessed via a short cut on the users desktop.
It was suggested that the FOXUSER.DBF was causing this to happen. I deleted all the records in that uses FOXUSER.DBF and the same thing happened.

Any suggestions?

John O'D

John,

Yes, the problem is probably something to do with Foxuser, but deleting the records from that file won't help.

The chances are that the user who is experiencing the problem cannot access the two Foxuser files for some reason - perhaps something to do with the network or access permissions. I'd check those first.

Also, try Olaf's suggestion of deleting the files (FOXUSER.DBF and FOXUSER.FPT).

If you are using a config.fpw file, make sure that this does not have RESOURCE=OFF in it.

mike

My Visual FoxPro site: www.ml-consult.co.uk

Deleting the two files did nothing. When you run the exe the two file are recreated again of course with just the data from that last session.

Do you think it could have anything to do with the setting of the screen resoultion?

This user has it set 1280 x 1024

John O'D

Have you tried adding one of the following lines:

KEYBOARD "{ctrl+f10}" && for Visual FoxPro
or
KEYBOARD "{ALT+Z}" && for FPW 2.x

before you do the REPORT FORM REPORT.frx PREVIEW?

Woo Hoo! Thanks BongoB1 that worked!

John O'D

Thanks everyone else for your input also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back