Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report Form Group Header. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

HARTNETT

Programmer
Jul 18, 2001
US
I need to have the Report Form Group Header print at a specific position on the page, regardless of how many detail lines print.
I have a form that are 2 to a page (top & middle of the page). The detail lines are never more than 5 lines, but could be as little as 1 line.
If I set the group page footer to a certain length, it moves down depending on the number of detail lines. Then the next group header moves up or down depending on the detail lines.
I tried a Label Form but it will not print multiple detail lines.
Am I asking too much for the report form?

Do you need the group header to float below the detail lines? If not, set the detail band to take the maximum amount of space you want to allow.

-BP (Barbara Peisch)

I want the group header to be constant.
Unless I misunderstood you, if I allow the detail line to take up the remaining space, the spacing between each detail line will be hugh.

One approach would be to include 4 blank lines at the top of your group header. Print only the ones that are necessary ("Print When") based on the number of detail lines in the group, a number that can be determined by using a report variable.

Jim

Another way to go would be to create a cursor from your input table in which each group is padded with enough blanks records to force a total of 5.

Jim

Jimstarr
I followed your second reply and inserted X amount of blank records to make each group have the same number of records.
Each blank record only has the group break field filled in with the Group number.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back