Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

report form columns with summary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil M

Programmer
Jul 13, 2021
US
Working in VFP9, I have a report form with columns defined along with a summary band that prints contents of a memo field from another 'holding' table (containing single record) when a variable is true. The remove if blank is checked.

The issue is that when the variable pertaining to the conditional printing of the memo contents is False, the report generates a second, blank page. I have verified that it is printing the summary band by adding hard text to the field specification and making the print when condition true at all times. This behavior occurs even when I uncheck all options for Summary in the Optional Bands tab of the properties.

When I implement the summary band on 'normal' report which does not contain column definitions, the blank page does not get generated. Page headings for these reports are in the title band. Page header does not have anything. Page footer does have content and prints at bottom of first page, but not on blank, second page.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back