Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report for List Usage Extension - impossible??? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

learningSkype

IS-IT--Management
Jun 6, 2016
US
I have a daunting task. Have to document 500 hotlines in my CM running version 7.0. I know how to display an extension and how to run a report for displaying them but I don't know if there is a report for the List Usage Extension command. If there is no way to do this in a report I'm forced to manually verify every hotline one by one, which would take me about 3 months...potentially.

If you know of a tip to help me run a report that would be highly appreciated. Otherwise I'm stuck running the command extension by extension and then updating my spreadsheet :(

Got System Manager?

Got a partner with ProVision? ProVision could probably scrape that out for you.

yes we have SMGR and our partners have ProVision but that means I would have to pay for the data to get pulled.

Assuming you're using analog station hotline via abbreviated personal list:
Command: list abbreviated personal.
Look for extensions that only use one entry. You could also export stations that are analog, put that info into excel and cross reference the abbreviated personal list to narrow things down.

You can do all of this in site administration. Navigate to Advanced>Report. If you have the full list of hotline numbers you can enter the command 500 times in a series and export it to a report. You can easily do this in manipulating your list in excel or word to give you a continuous string. See below example

Commands(S):
list usage ex xxxxxxxxxx; list usage ex xxxxxxxxxx; list usage ex xxxxxxxxxx

You want to select fields to file and save it as a comma-separated values (CSV)

thanks for the feedback gents. I'll try some of these tips.

the hotlines are built as digial stations (6408d) and are using an "X" port. then these hotline extensions get added to a station as bridged appearances. that's why the only command that works is "list usage extension xxxxx" because it'll show me how many numbers have a bridged appearance of each hotline/extension.

If you can get a backup from SMGR and toss it on your own postgres, or otherwise root your box, something like this from 6.3 - before postgres was certificate protected - would pull a csv of all bridges out of SMGR

Code:
psql -d avmgmt -c "copy (select ipt_extension.id,ipt_extension.extension,ipt_button.station_id,ipt_station.extension_id,ipt_button.cm_id,ipt_button.type,ipt_button.data2,ipt_button.data1,ipt_button.lastmodified from ipt_station inner join ipt_extension on ipt_extension.id = ipt_station.extension_id inner join ipt_button on ipt_button.station_id = ipt_station.id where ipt_button.type = 'brdg-appr' order by ipt_extension.extension asc) to stdout with csv header " > /tmp/bridge.csv

Otherwise, with pgadmin - and I prefer pgadmin3 cause pgadmin4 sucks, here's my notes about how to build a postgres on your Windows machine

Create a DB named avmgmt.

For R7.x:
roles must exist avaya_system_data, avaya_system_data_update, mgmtdb
tablespaces must exist - avaya_system_data01, avaya_system_audit_data01, avaya_system_data_index01

This file from within a SMGR backup can be restored to postgres - if you're in you're postgres bin directory on Windows, this will restore it
pg_restore -d avmgmt -1 avmgmt.backup

Then you can use the graphical query builder to tie the stuff between the different tables together.

It wouldn't take more than a few minutes to connect the relations to "port = x" and model = 6408d+

Expanding on what avayaguy says....this can be done pretty easily is less than 15 minutes via excel and ASA once you get the hang of it.

Get the of extensions in question into excel. Add another column that looks like:

;li usa extension <---with a space on the end
;li usa extension
;li usa extension

In a 3rd column use the CONCATINATE function of excel to combine the column of extensions and the other column which will give you something that looks like:

;li usa ext 1234
;li usa ext 1555
;li usa ext 2222

Copy that final column and paste into notepad. Place your cursor at the end of the 1st line. Press DEL, down arrow, DEL, down arrow, repeatedly until you reach the end of the data. Go back to the 1st line and repeat/keep doing this until you end up with 1 long continuous string of data that looks like:

li usa ext 1234;li usa ext 1555;li usa ext 2222

copy and paste this into an asa REPORT like avayaguy says and all of the output will go into a nice little text file for you.

To keep you from making mistakes and to keep your sanity, you might want to do this in 5 batches of 100 stations instead of 1 super long report input with all 500 stations.

-CL

Do what lopes said. Unless you need to do it every month, then do it my way :p

Yeah...I can appreciate slicker ways to do repeatable stuff. Using REXX scripting via ZOC terminal emulator is my current preferred method for that type of thing. I also find this excel + ASA reports "brute force" method is nice for one-off stuff as it can be applied to just about anything that you might want to push into CM and get an output file of the results.

-CL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back