Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report Fails in CE 9 with Unable to connect: incorrect log on paramete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dijital

MIS
Mar 15, 2002
US
I have a report that uses two datasources: 1) an excel spreadsheet and 2) a Oracle 9 db. It has a liked subreport. The Subreport pulls against view A from Oracle, and the Main uses the Excel and view B from oracle. The excel spreadsheet is referenced via a fully qualified location; \\server\share\file.xls

Everything runs fine on my desktop in the Writer. Once I save it to CE, I run it and get the following obtuse error:"Unable to connect: incorrect log on parameters."

To be clear; I have a report that uses an excel file in the same manner that runs fine, and connects to the same DB. The only unique quality is that I have both the Excel file and a subreport. Otherwise, the data connections for this report are basically the same as we've been running for a lot of others that are fine! Any help would be apprecciated.

Jim Connors

Hi Jim,
a couple of things to check. Firstly, have the database logon details been populated on CE9 as they automatically are cleared when you save an amended report. Secondly, are you able to open/run the report successfully via Crystal Reports on the actual CE machine ?

ShortyA

Yes I the DB info is populated in ce.. I will try to run the report natively onn the box today to see what the answer is to the second piece...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back