Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

report error 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

designgirl

Technical User
Jun 27, 2002
US
Hi

I am trying to create a report and all of a sudden I got an exception error and the database closed. I can now no longer view or create any reports.

I looked in microsofts help and general on the web and can't find any help.

The error is
exception: access violation 0xc0000005 address, Address: 0x6061fdc3.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have you tried TOOLS, DATABASE UTILITIES, REPAIR DATABASE?

unfortunaletly it isn't a database. It is any database. Everything is fine until you try to create or view a report. It then errors and closes, even reports that I could view two days ago error out.
I opened the database on another computer and worked fine, could even create a report so the problem is with my access install. I even deleted and reinstalled and the problem still exists and I don't know every place windows installs the program to try to delete the left behind programs.

Make sure you have a default printer selected in your Control Panel-Printers list

Hope this helps.

Well, in that case I have two ideas. Do you have a default printer set (under START, SETTINGS, PRINTERS)? If not, set one and try again. Otherwise, not knowing you operating system, Access version, etc., go to Microsoft's Support site and see what applies there. I used the following link:

-Larry

Thanks
It was the printer off. We had a xmas party that day and the computer that's printer I use as default was turned off. Forgot all about that until I read message since that computer always on and used it short time earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back