Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report doesn't carry values over

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcondes

Technical User
Feb 20, 2002
US
I have a form where I input my data then I print preview the report that is called by a function button.

My problem is that SOMETIMES when the report opens it doesn't have all the data I had input.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Paul

Need more info. How is the data being pulled into the report? Is there any pattern to the data that is missing? Does the report reference fields in a table or controls on the form? If the former, how is the record being selected for display? Have fun! :eek:)

Alex Middleton

After reading your response I took a fresher look at my report and found the problem. The missing data was from two subreports (Senders) and (Receivers). If I would fill out the order form chronologically just using the tab to move to the next field, the report would print OK. But if I jumped around using the mouse to move between fields that's when the problem would occur.

The problem was with the Child/Master link with my subreports. I created an invisible field that pulled =Forms!OrderForm!SenderIDlbl and used it as the Master Link and SenderID as the Child link.

I worked!

Thanks for helping me see it from a different angle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back