Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report displays number (primary key) instead of value

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolineJ

Technical User
Sep 25, 2001
SE
I have a report based on a query. The query in turn is based on two tables. The first table is a list of main projects and it has a counter as primary key, i.e the first main project has ID 1, the second 2 and so on. The second table is a list of projects where you have project number, project manager etc. Each project belongs to a main project so one of the fields is called main project. In that field you can choose from a drop down list, which displays all the main projects in the main project table. When I run the query, everything seems to be correct. In the main project field, you get the NAME of the main project that the project belongs to. How ever in the report, which is based on the query, you get the main project ID (1,2,3 etc) instead of the main project NAME. Does anyone have a clue how this can be solved?

Hi!

In the query you need to pull the name of the main project from the first table. The second table may be displaying the project name, but it is storing the ID.

hth Jeff Bridgham
bridgham@purdue.edu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back