Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report Details showing data from other Groups!

Status
Not open for further replies.

-cush-

Programmer
Feb 18, 2004
US
I am using MS Access 2010. I have a report with two groups. Group A is the LoginDate. Group B is the Agent. The details show the times the agent loged in and out. When running the report each detail section does limit itself to the Agent, but data from all dates is showing even though group A is the LoginDate. Has anyone run into this before? How do I limit the details to the group? Shouldn't this be automatic?

Apparently you have two grouping levels. Can you provide more information about your record source, the grouping level expressions, and some sample records?

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

The report uses a Query that pulls from a single table that is a link to a MySql database

LoginDate (Group A)
9/5/2012
AgentID (Group B) AgentName
1 Rachel
Login Logout AgentID LoginDate (These last 2 just for debugging)
11:00 11:21 1 9/5/2012
12:00 12:23 1 9/5/2012
11:00 11:25 1 9/6/2012
11:00 11:15 1 9/10/2012
AgentID (Group B) AgentName
2 Sam
Login Logout AgentID LoginDate (These last 2 just for debugging)
1:00 1:21 2 9/5/2012
2:00 2:23 2 9/5/2012
1:00 1:25 2 9/6/2012
1:00 1:15 2 9/10/2012

As you can see Group B seems to work. Only AgentID 1 data is under that agent, But Group A has dates from other days.

Unfortuneately it still does the same thing.

So, Rachel and Sam both have the exact same login and logout dates/times? Isn't that a bit unusual? Are you using a subreport? Are you viewing the Print Preview?

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

That was just an example of what is happening, not real data. Here is an export of the real report as a pdf. See Attached. I am not using a subreport, but perhaps that would solve it. Whether I preview, run it, export it, I get the same result.

https://filesource.wvc-ut.gov/s/sample.pdf
I found the problem. Sorry, I am used to creating reports with Crystal Reports and not with Access. When you create a group on a date you have to go into the details of the group and make sure that it is grouping by day and not quarter etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back