Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report Data Definitions and Epicor 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pilbox

Programmer
May 24, 2012
US
Good Afternoon all!

I have run into an issue with a report that is ran using a system created RDD (report data definition), the Sales Gross Margin to be exact [SGMargin].

The user would like to have an additional parameter selection (ie choose the analysiscode).

Sounds simple enough, but within the applications (Report Data Maintenance [aka Report Data Definition] and Report Maintenance [aka Report Style]) I can find nothing that allows me to manipulate parameters. (of course I create a duplicate RDD; I understand I cannot change the RDD itself, only build off of the original)

Am I doing something wrong, or do I need the SDK to change parameters within a RDD?

No one has run into a similar problem? I find this hard to believe. Thanks for those whom have read my post. Please reply if you have a solution.

You are going to have to duplicate the RDD. If there is a parameter that you will need to pass to the RDD, then you will need to Duplicate the RDD, and create a BAQ to call the RDD. The BAQ Report Designer will allow you to prompt for parameters.

Thanks

Thank you for responding!

Until I read your reply, I didn't know you could use a BAQ to call an RDD. That's priceless information for when I run into this again. I appreciate your time!

thanks again!

pilbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back