Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

report counting..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dre313

Technical User
Jun 4, 2003
US
I have a form which pulls records in for different areas.. The user enters in dates, the area they want to see records hit a button and a report comes up displays the information for that site and for those dates.
My question is in between those dates are other records from other sites.. I want to know the difference of the records that are currently on the report and the records that are NOT on the report .. between the dates specified by the user..

heres an example of what i mean...

rec1 1/1/03 area1
rec2 1/1/03 area1
rec3 1/1/03 area2

If the user asked for all records between 01/01/03 thru 01/30/03 AND "area1" then it would display

2 records on this report
1 record not on this report <~~ I want to know how do i get this number with my example..

thanks

=DCount(&quot;[datefield]&quot;,&quot;table&quot;,&quot;[datefield]>=#&quot; & fromdate & &quot;# AND [datefield]<=#&quot; & ToDate & &quot;# AND [Area]<>'Area1'&quot;) & &quot; records not on this report&quot;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back