Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report Counting and Grouping, rusty brain can't remember

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinsar

Programmer
Sep 26, 2002
CA
I have a problem that I think should be simple but it's been a few years since I last worked with Access and I'm rusty and for some reason can't figure this out. I have a very simple table layout basically we get a Request and a Request can have many Services. In the end I want to total the service times (RequestServices table) and count the origins types for each request (Request table) basically I want to know how many walk ins, how many calls etc. The problem I'm having is I am counting at the detail (ServiceRequest) level instead of the higher (Request) level I want. I've attached some pics below to help explain.

Here is my table layout...

Here's my report so far...

The Region Group is where I want to add the count. I want to know the number of walk ins for the given region. So basically this report is showing 2 Requests (id's 37 & 39), #37 has 8 services, #39 has 2 services. At the top next to Region I've added a count for Walk-In's but it's counting all the detail records. I want that counter to read 2, there are only 2 REQUESTS (37 & 39)

I'm guessing there's a simple solution I just can't make my brain find it. Currently the Walk In total's control source is =Sum(IIf([Origin]="Walk-In",1,0)). How do I get it to count only the 2 REQUESTS instead of each SERVICE?

Thanks in advance for your help, please let me know if anything isn't clear or my images aren't showing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back