Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report changes orientation!!! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pizarro

Programmer
Mar 17, 1999
US
Has anyone experience the change in orientation of reports(on their own or maybe influenced by an outside app) Puzzle?????

if you don't have the report open in design view when you select the printer orientation, and then save the report, it will use the default setting when you print.

PaulF

I posted this very same question on this board a while back. Basically, it's a bug in Access 2000. The reports change orientation on their own. I found that orientation changed when I edited the report and sometimes when the user just accessed the report. To solve it, I finally ended up converting the reports to portrait.

Linda Adams

I found the printer driver of a network printer to have caused the problem, once I changed the driver setup on the users computer to a generic driver... the problem stopped!

We were experiencing the same problem, not only with Access, but also the other Office 97 products. Situation: the default printer (an HP) was changed. In Access and Excel in particular, changing the page orientation had no effect. Orientation could be set to Landscape, but the document (a Report in Access, a Workbook in Excel)would print and print preview as Portrait. Reinstalling the driver on the server, then removing and adding the printer on each workstation solved the problem.

Rhonda

One more

Going to the Property of the Printer and selecting Device Setting or so (where it says Advanced Document Setting and all selected options in red and blue - it is differently named/set for all printers) and if Landscape/Portrait is in blue(or red) click on it to awake printer's "attention".
Works every time for us !!!

TIA

Hi,
I have experience this same problem for some time now. This idiot can be solved as suggested from good samaritan from tek-tips by doing the following:

go to Tools>>Options>>General and UNCHECK all those in Name Auto Correct. (See threads dated Oct 20, 2002)

I hope this will help.

bokasen is correct,

that should solve the problem, least it did for me

ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back