Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report Change - Scheduler runs old report

Status
Not open for further replies.

IanWaterman

Programmer
Jun 26, 2002
GB
When I update reports on Crystal Report Server I use save as from Crystal Reports to over write any existing report. This enables me to preserve Schedules and any saved instances. In most cases this works fine.

However, a couple of reports seem to cache design in scheduler. That is when a pre-existing schedule runs, it some how uses the old design. I view report to ensure correct version is loaded, but even then the scheduler runs the old version.

I assume I have a setting somewhere that stops the scheduled report being updated, but I can not see what it is when compared to other reports which update without any issues.

Currently I have to delete the report and reload, which means I then have to recreate all schedules.

Any suggestions please

Ian

Normally prior to SAP BI 4.0, you have to re-schedule the report to pick up any changes to the report. After that, some changes will be picked up (Hiffy talked about this in a post before). As a general rule any reports that we modify, we normally re-schedule just to be on the safe side.

In Crystal Server 2011 (I think... certainly 2013 and 2016) and newer, you only have to reschedule if you've made any changes to the parameters, including adding or removing values from static prompts. In Crystal Server 2008 and older, the schedules don't pick up the new template because they are actually created using a copy of the report as it existed at the time the schedule was created. So, you MUST reschedule updated reports if you're on the earlier version of CRS.

-Dell

DecisionFirst Technologies - Seven-time SAP BusinessObjects Solution Partner of the Year

Thanks for your comments. I am using CR2013 and CRS2013
I guess I will just have to reschedule each time I update.
Just seems odd that some reports don't need to be rescheduled and others do??
Ian

Ian, you shouldn't have to reschedule - CRS 2013 should pick up the new report. However, you may want to look at installing the latest service pack to make sure that the functionality is there. Also, as I said above, if you make any changes to the parameters, even to add a new value to a static parameter, you'll definitely have to reschedule - but you shouldn't have to for any other changes.

-Dell

DecisionFirst Technologies - Seven-time SAP BusinessObjects Solution Partner of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back