Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report- calls made and received

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjtucker

MIS
Feb 12, 2004
US
I'm new at this so please bear with me. I need to run a report on a few phones here. I need to track the amount of calls made and to whom and the same data for incoming calls. We do not have and other software- just Meridian 1 option 11 and I use procomm also. I have read the other post but because of my experience with this system I can't put it together.
Thanks.

I did make this change:CLS=ICDA set for 2 extensions

My say is that you need to obtain Call accounting software and a PC, and dedicate a TTY port to the funtion.

The fact is you could rig a PC with Procomm and serial cable to the PBX. Sure. You could also run a company without PCs

You are probably going to exceed the cost in fooling around with the endless stream of data, parsing it, not loosing it, not being able to really figure out what record is what when there may be many per call... not to mention, there is little glory in avoiding cost - the glory is discovering a cost and reducing it. And also in delivery good stuff rather than rigged workarounds.

This is where 10 or so posters will advise you what the best Call Accounting software is. The best is always the one you didn't get. Google "PBX Call Accounting" or something similar.

~

I have to go with ghtrout on this. You probably have a computer lying around that would work you just need the Call Accounting software to add to it.

We use OTM for that. Might be too much features for what you are looking for though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back