Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report Calculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

monrosal

Programmer
Aug 22, 2000
US
Does anyone know how I can grab a value from one sub report textbox and another value from another sub report textbox to compute a value on the main Report? Basically, I want to use two different fields from two different sub reports to come up with a value for a textbox on the Main report? I've tried everything. Thanks in advance.

Ramon

To reference a control on a subreport you need only include the complete path to the control. Keep in mind, you will not be able to reference a FIELD from the subreport as this would involve the return of a recordset(large number of values) which cannot be held by a control. So make sure you are referencing an unbound control(i.e. a calculated control that gives the sum or average of a field in the subreport's recordset). Use the following syntax:

=Reports!MainReportName!SubreportName!ControlName

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back