Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report Cache not being used

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheesyman5k

Programmer
Oct 19, 2007
US
How can you tell if the report cache is being used when you run a report in the Web interface? I have executed several reports in Desktop, and when I re-execute the reports in Desktop, the reports come back instantaneously. When I run the same reports in the Web interface, it seems that the report cache is not being used. I check the job monitor and sure enough the quick view shows the SQL that is being used for the report execution. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Are you executing the report with the same user? If you execute the report with two different user with distinct security filter is normal that the report reject again.

If you are using the same user you should see the report that you ran in desktop appear in the history list in web. Select it from there and it should not re-execute. If you are logging in as a different user it may have to do with your cache settings on the server and if you create a cache per user or not. I forget all of the settings but you may want to take a look there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back