Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

report based form (continuous form?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shy216

Programmer
Jul 21, 2005
US
i needed to find a way to refresh/update report after an update but i guess that's not possible in access.
so someone recommended continuous form.
what exactly is continuous form? and how can i approach
to create a form which works as a report?
is it possible to list them by itself after an update?

Hi Shy216,

I have no programming experience but have worked with many forms that use continuous forms. What that is specifically is the Default View in your properies of the form. By selecting Continuous Forms is allows the rows to expand as new records are added to the record source. I'm unclear what you mean with refresh/update report.
Forms are used mainly for inputting and reports show the latest and greatest information depending on your criteria that you have based your form inputting on.

Hi shy216,
Reports are much like forms and can be updated if something in the underlying table/query (form) has changed. For more information on this subject, you can have a look at this website
(tnx to zmrAbdulla)

Pampers -

just back from holiday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back