Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report automatically refreshes

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJOL

IS-IT--Management
Oct 11, 2005
IE
Using CR 8.5 and for some reason there's a report that keeps refreshing itself ,i.e, when it is open or try to work on the report or make a change: even edit a text box.
Other reports are ok..wait for me to select the refresh icon.
Does anyone know how to switch this off ? Had a look in options but to no avail.

Does it include SQL commands to collect the data? (In 8.5, unlike higher versions, it won't be combining this with other datasets.)

Subreports are another possibility.

I know of no fix for either condition, unfortunately.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

Work on it in design mode, so that it doesn't start refreshing. I think this means you probably are using currentdatetime or the system datetime somewhere in your report for calculations or criteria.

-LB

The issue here was that 'Verify on Every Print' was selected. You can see this at the Preview or Design view of the report. Just select Design, Database and the option is there to toggle Verify on Every Print. This is an option I never switch on by default. I inherited the report from someone else. Problem solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back