Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report as a Data Source and Saving Reports ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian123654982

IS-IT--Management
Apr 21, 2009
CA
Hi all,

I Hope someone can give me some help on this. I have a need to create a query subject in Framework Manager and use an existing report as the source of that Query Subject. The logic and complexity was built within the report itself and we would like to be able to use this to create a higher level report from the details.

I have researched the documentation but am unable to find anything so I was wondering if anyone has done this and or is this even possible?

Also is there any way to save a generated report? We would like to run a report daily and be able to save the output rather than have it run every time. Data can change over time so we would like to keep copies of reports as they are run.

Thanks for any help

Brian

What you would want is a decent ETL process to perform an extraction/ transformation on source data and store the result in a reporting table.
Deploying such a proces would have numerous benefits, such as being able to build up history and perform historic analysis.
It is all to common to want to track history, but believe me , just using a reporting tool is not enough. You really need to implement a datamart of some sort..

Ties Blom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back