Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report adjustment - Last line in black

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddewit

Technical User
Jan 15, 2017
NL
Hi,

Looking for a way to give the last seporator line a different style.

I have a repprt (bill) on which good are displayed which are seperated by lines.Those seperation lines are grey.
I want de (first and) last line to be black. So I added those black lines in the page header and detail part. But now in thw bottom a line to many is displayed.
Looking for a sollution to get rid of the last grey line which should get black.

lijn_osnkzj.jpg

lijn2_rfzobq.jpg

1. Move the grey line to the top, before the report controls and set it's printwhen expression to only print when [tt]RECNO()>1[/tt] for example or create a report variable you set to count and reset to 1 at group start. This way the first grey line is just before record number 2 of the group and in the first detail band of the group no line is printed. If you know in advance, what the last row of a group is, you can keep the line there and set printwhen to [tt]RECNO()<last row number[/tt], but it's always simpler to know the first row is row 1...
2. Moving the black line of the footer up is even simpler, just move it and everything in the group footer band up. Well, don't leave a margin as you did, or you get a margin.

Bye, Olaf.

OlafDoschke said:
Move the grey line to the top, before the report controls and set it's printwhen expression to only print when RECNO()>1

What do you mean by move the grey line up, as in the first image?

I tested with you first sollution nd yes it seems ok.. thx! Can you tell me what does it mean: RECNO()>1?
grey_line-made_xn0kyo.png

RECNO means record number. So what does RECNO()>1 check? Whether the record number is bigger than 1.
It means what I said, the line is not printed for the first record but any further record.

Bye, Olaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back