Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reply with history issue 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staticfactory

IS-IT--Management
Mar 1, 2005
CA
I've been trying to figure this out for some time to no avail. I'm hoping someone has had a similar issue and has found a resolution.

One particular user is experiencing a recurring error when trying to reply with history to any email. The error is simply "The linked document cannot be found in the view."

I've tried a full reinstall (with manual deletes), fixups and about every other common fix for issues with the mail file. The only temporary solution I've been able to find is to replace the design of the mail file to an older template and then replace it again with the current template. The client in question is then able to work for an indefinite period of time (usually days) before the same problem comes back.

Any insight?

Is the user perform any replication from another database, where they may be replacing documents that may be causing this problem?

There is no replication enabled at all. I don't quite understand why replacing the design back to older template and then forward again helps for a short time, but it does. We have 80+ machines with identical configurations and this is the only one acting up.

Check the user and the OS / environment variables.

BocaBurger
<===========================||////////////////|0
The pen is mightier than the sword, but the sword hurts more!

The client in question is then able to work for an indefinite period of time (usually days) before the same problem comes back..."

This indicates the first thing to check if it was me: Differences in client version(s). When the design is release 6.5 and client is 5.0.12 there will be certain functionionality that will conflict. I am not sure if it IS like that, but that was my first suspision (there was no client version number supplied in the problem description)
Even if it works through a 6.x server with a rel 5 client, there are elements within the db that will not work, since it's new features etc...

Troodos

We are all running client version 6.5.2 with a 6.5 server, and all with the same 6.5 custom template.

Each machine is configured the same - Environment variables included.

I've seen this issue before with calendar entries, but have solved it by means of the routine cache dump/bookmark replacement, etc. This particular issue is persistant for some reason.

I'm not quite sure why this one machine (that is just like the other 80 or so) does not want to play nicely. I've done my temporary fix (design replace to older template and back) at least 15 times now to keep this user running, but nothing has solved it for good. The issue comes back every week or so.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back